Here are some of the questions Soldiers interested in reenlisting are asking:

Question: I have been on Active Duty status for four years as an enlisted Soldier, when I ETS can I enlist in the Army Reserve?

Answer: Yes, you will be able to transfer into the Army Reserve as long as you meet the qualifications.  Part of the process while you ETS is to talk to with the Army Career Alumni Program (ACAP). A Reserve Component Career Counselor (RCCC) is usually located nearby.  

Question: I served in the Army for six years. I am in the Inactive Ready Reserve right now, and I was wondering if I can reenlist in the Army?

Answer: Your ability to reenlist depends on your MOS, and whether the U.S. Army is currently recruiting and retraining for that MOS. Check the Prior Service Business Rules for the MOS lists, or contact your local recruiter for assistance.

Question: I am in the Inactive Ready Reserve right now; can I reenlist in the Army Reserve?

Answer: If you are interested in discussing your service in the Army Reserve, please send an email with your contact information to the Army Reserve Careers Division (ARCD) at usarmy.usarc.arcd.mbx.arcd-irr-selres@mail.mil.

Question: I am enlisted in the Army Reserve and I would like to apply for an Active Guard Reserve position.  What are the requirements for AGR?

Answer:  For an enlisted Soldier you must be older than 18 years, but younger than 55. If you are a Specialist or a Master Sergeant, you must have less than 15 years of active Federal Service. You must also meet physical fitness standards, medically certified drug free and HIV negative and not pregnant. Finally, you must pass a Defense Central Investigative Index.  For more information visit U.S. Army Human Resources Command.

Question: I am in the Air Force (or Navy) and I want to enlist in the Army. What do I have to do?

Answer: You may be eligible to enlist in the Army under the Inter-Service Transfer Program. You will need to complete DD Form 368 Conditional Release in order to start the process. However, the Army is recruiting and retraining prior service candidates only for certain military occupational specialties. Check the Prior Service Business Rules to see if the Army is in need of your MOS. 

Question: I would like to become a Warrant Officer as a prior service member. What are the requirements?

Answer: To start you should be SPC/E-4 or higher, and below age 46. Most Warrant Officer fields require completion of appropriate NCO courses, and documented proficiency in specialty area. For more information about your specific job field and other requirements check the Warrant Officer Recruiting page.

Question: My Chain of Command will not sign the 4187 or support my move to the 75th Ranger Regiment. What should I do?

Answer: The 75th Ranger Regiment requests the support from the chain of command.  We need their support to bring you to the Regiment. If they do not want to support your desires, we can discuss it with your chain of command in an effort to bring you to the regiment. Please contact REC-D by phone or email. Please provide us with the names and numbers of your company commander and your First Sergeant.

Question: What type of scholarship programs does the Army offer for the Green to Gold (G2G) program?

Answer: The Army offers two, three or four year scholarships. Click here for more information on the G2G program.